Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, May 28, 2012

I am going on a missions trip with my church this coming August to Ducis, Haiti. The mission is interested in us doing BP screening and handing out basic info written in Haitian Creole. Do you have any suggestions?

Do you have printed materials that are printed in English.  You might find some on the net or at some clinics.  We might translate them and make a little leaflets in Creole...

5 comments:

  1. do you translate for people? can you tell me more about this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have an idea about the materials you want to present on BP screening, and they're not many-pages long :), send it to me via e-mail (limanecasimi@aol.com). And we'd work on a Creole translation for it.

      Delete
  2. Sorry, I should have clarified, I am a different person than the original poster. I am working with a Catholic organization on prepping some religious and health related material and we are trying to figure out the best avenue to translate material. Your input will be very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see :)

      You can use ATLA Language Services. It's a paid service.
      You can also use Freelang.net. They do free translations.
      Or
      I also do some Creole translations. You may send materials to my email (Limanecasimi@aol.com)

      Delete