Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Mandaly, I have asked you many times about the F word and you've ignored my questions. I'm not trying to be rude. I work with some Haitians and sometimes they throw a word at me and I can tell they're cursing me out. Now my Haitian dictionary may have the F word on the Creole side but they don't have it on the English side. And if I knew the Creole spelling I would look it up. Thanks.

First of all when you ask a question on Formspring, they flag all "English" hate words which means I do not get to  see it in my list of questions.  I have an option to either 'show'  or 'delete' a flagged question.  I usually delete flagged questions if I don't feel like being flustered.  Formspring is so good that they even flag any question that has the word 'hate' in it :).  Once, I 'opened' a flagged question, and the 'asker' just wanted to know how to say 'hate' in Creole :)
Now back to your question...
to fuck literally translates as konyen in Creole
but the equivalent (not literal translation) of F... you! (as was asked on Formspring) in Creole would be Lanmèd!, Nan mèd!, Lanmyann!, Lakwann!, Laba!, Laba pou ou!,  Vouzan!; and  Ale vouzan!, Ale'w vouzan!, or  Ale'w laba (go to hell)!
Perhaps you could google any of these words and see what you get.
Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

3 comments:

  1. I just learned a new word for "to screw or to fuck"; it is "plimen"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the word plimen could work well depending on context.

      Delete