Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Exercise 33 - Going places - Part 2

Preposition "to" can be omitted when talking about going to school or church.

To go to school - ale lekòl
I go to school today - m ale lekòl jodi-a.

To go to church - ale legliz
I go to church on Sundays -m ale legliz chak dimanch.


Going to the doctor. Use kay which means at the house of.

going to the doctor - ale kay doktè
going to the cardiologist - ale kay kadyològ
going to the gyn doctor - ale kay jinekològ

I went to the doctor yesterday/
 m te ale kay doktè a yè.

I went to the eye doctor yesterday/
m te ale kay doktè zye a yè.

Going any other places, we use nan which means in.

I went to the beach - m te ale nan plaj la.

I went to the movies - m te ale nan sinema a.

I went to the market - m te ale nan mache a.

I went to the hotel - m te ale nan otèl la.

I went to the game - m te ale nan jwèt la.

I went to the football game - m te ale nan jwèt foutbòl la

.I went to the party - m te ale nan fèt la.
______________________
Read the following story then answer the following questions.

A week in the life of Zette.
On Monday Zette woke up ready to start her day. She went to school and learned about the birds and the bees. On Tuesday she skipped school. She went to the beach and met Fito, Fanfan, and Fanò. On Wednesday Zette went to the movies with Fito but the movie was too scary. On Thursday Zette went to a concert with Fanfan. They got into a fight and Fanfan broke her front tooth. On Friday Zette went to the dentist. Dr. Felix glued her tooth back inside her mouth. She was happy. On saturday Zette went to a soccer game with Fanò. Her team scored a goal. On Sunday Zette and Fanò went to church. They got married.


VOCABULARY WORDS
ak - and
ale - to go
dantis - dentist
dimanch - Sunday
- to do
fim - movie
jedi - Thursday
jou - day
kisa - what
konbyen - how much, how many
konsè - concert
lendi - Monday
madi - tuesday
mèkredi - wednesday
samdi - saturday
vandredi - friday
zanmi - friend


Answer the following questions.
1. Ki jou Zette te ale lekòl?

2. Ki kote Zette te ale madi?

3. Kombyen zanmi Zette te fè madi?

4. Eske Zette te remen fim nan?

5. Ki jou Zette te ale nan konsè a?

6. Ki kote Zette te ale vandredi?

7. Ki jan dantis la rele?

8. Ki kote Zette te ale samdi?

9. Ki kote Zette te ale dimanch?

10. Kisa Zette ak Fanò te fè dimanch?

No comments:

Post a Comment