Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Comparing Simple Past and Present tense.

Compare the Haitian Creole sentence construction in the simple past and present tense.
Also, see audio about past tense: http://sweetcoconuts.blogspot.com/2011/04/its-all-in-past.html

1.
Present tense:   M pale Kreyòl. (I speak Creole)
Past tense:        M te pale Kreyòl.  (I spoke Creole)

2.
Present tense:    Mwen wè ou. (I see you)
Past tense:         Mwen te wè ou. (I saw you)

3.
Present tense:     Nou konprann li. (We understand it)
Past tense:          Nou te konprann li. (We understood it.)

4.
Present tense:      Yo pa gen lajan. (I don't have any money.)
Past tense:           Yo pa te gen lajan. (They didn't have any money)

5.
Present tense:       Jij la pa la. (The judge is not here.)
Past tense:            Jij la pa te la. (The judge was not here.)

6.
Present tense:      Mwen kontan. (I'm happy.)
Past tense:           Mwen te kontan. (I was happy.)

7.
Present tense:      Sa se kay mwen. (This is my house)
Past tense:           Sa se te kay mwen. (This was my house)

8.
Present tense:      Li bo li. (He kisses her.)
Past tense:           Li te bo li. (He kissed her)

9.
Present tense:      Mwen chante yon chante. (I sing a song)
Past tense:           Mwen te chante yon chante. (I sang a song)

10.
Present tense:      Ou bouke. - (You are tired.)
Past tense:           Ou te bouke. (You were tired)

No comments:

Post a Comment