Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Exercise 70 - What would you like to do?

Auxillary verb would is translated as ta in Haitian Creole.


Let’s make some sentences with:
I would like to...
M ta renmen…

Let's ask the question, "what would you like to do?"
What would you like to do? 
Kisa ou ta renmen fè?

What would you like to watch?
Kisa ou ta renmen gade?

What would you like to know? 
Kisa ou ta renmen konnen?

What would you like to say?
Kisa ou ta renmen di?

What would you like to play?
Kisa ou ta renmen jwe?

WWJD – What Would Jesus Do? 
Kisa Jezi Ta Fè?


Let's make sentences with, "I would like to..."

I would like to know the truth.
M ta renmen konnen verite a.

I would like to change my life.
M ta renmen chanje lavi m.

I would like to say I’m sorry.
M ta renmen di eskize m.

I would like to see you some time.
 M ta renmen wè ou pafwa.

I would like to taste it.
M ta renmen goute li.



Now, try a 5-questions quiz! Answers are at the bottom of this page. Translate the following sentences in Haitian Creole.

1. I would like to speak Creole.

2. I would like to understand you.

3. I would like to eat a mango.

4. I would like to go to New York.

5. I would like to know you better.

Scroll down to see answer key.










Answers: 1. M ta renmen pale Kreyòl./Mwen ta renmen pale Kreyòl. 2. M ta renmen konprann ou./Mwen ta renmen konprann ou. 3. M ta renmen manje yon mango./Mwen ta renmen manje yon mango. 4. M ta renmen ale New York./Mwen ta renmen ale New York. 5. M ta renmen konnen w pi byen./Mwen ta renmen konnen ou pi byen.

No comments:

Post a Comment