Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Do you have any lessons on the Timeless verb forms of Creole with Present and Progressive?

In Haitian Creole the 'timeless' verb follows right after the "helping verb".
Verbs, in Haitian Creole, always retain their infinitive form.
The helping verb may be in the present, past, or progressive forms.
Check out lessons on present, past and progressive forms from the labels on the right side of your screen.

Timeless/Infinitive Verbs.

Examples:

I am going to...
1. I am going to dance. - M pral danse.
2. I am going to sleep. -  M pral dòmi.
3. I am going to see her. - M pral li.
4. We're going to sing. - Nou pral chante.
5. They're going to like it. - Yo pral renmen li.

I am hoping to...
1. I'm hoping to see you. - M espere ou.
2. I'm hoping to pass the exam. - M espere pase egzamen an.
3. I was hoping to speak to them. - M te espere pale avè yo.
4. She's hoping to win tonight. - Li espere genyen aswè a.
5. We were hoping to see the little baby. - Nou te espere ti bebe a.

More helping verbs...
1. I tried to call you. - M eseye rele ou.
2. We decided to stay. - Nou deside rete.
3. I'm starting to feel it. - M kòmanse santi l.
4. I need to talk to you. - M bezwen pale avè w.
5. She wants to sit down. - Li vle chita


No comments:

Post a Comment