Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"When" as conjunction

We’ve asked questions with “when” before.
But what about “when” as a conjunction?

Sometimes “when” stands for as soon as, whenever, considering that, or at the time that, etc…
How do we translate it to Haitian Creole?

When -

Example:

1.  Call me when you get there.
     Rele m ou rive.

2.  When mom’s happy, the whole house is happy.
     manman kontan, tout kay la kontan

3When there’s love, there’s pain.
     gen lanmou, gen doulè

4.  I was in the car when I heard the news.
     M te nan machin nan m tande nouvèl la.

5.  When you have money, you have respect.     
     ou gen lajan, ou gen respè

6.  When you got no money, you got no friends.
     ou pa gen lajan, ou pa gen zanmi.

No comments:

Post a Comment