Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

tet mwen

tèt mwen → my head, or myself

Tèt(literally means head), it is also used to mean “self”.


Use the corresponding pronoun after tèt.
Example:
1. Mwen renmen tèt mwen.
    I love myself.

2. Mwen fèmen tèt mwen deyò.
    I locked myself out.

3. Ou dwe renmen tèt ou.
    You must love yourself.

4. Poukisa w ap pale ak tèt ou?
    Why are you talking to yourself?

5. Ti fi sa pa renmen tèt li.
    This girl doesn't like herself.

6. Moun sa yo pa respekte tèt yo.
    These people have no respect for themselves.

7. Mwen fè manje pou tèt mwen.
    I cooked for myself.
Ask me anything

No comments:

Post a Comment