Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Let (in Creole). Is it "an" or "kite"

Let → kite, lèse (from the French "laissez".  You may be familliar with the term "Laissez Faire")

Let me in.
Kite m antre. or
Lèse m antre.

Let me watch this.
Kite m gade sa.

Let me go.
Kite m ale.

Let me help you.
Kite m ede ou.

Let us help you.
Kite nou ede ou.  or
Kite n ede ou.

She let him do whatever he wants.
Li kite l fè nenpòt sa li vle.

They let us eat whatever we want.
Yo kite nou manje nenpòt sa nou vle.

I will not let you go.
Mwen pap kite w ale.

Don't let anyone bring you down.
Pa kite okenn moun atriste w.

Don't let that bother you.
Pa kite sa anniye w.

Don't let him see you.
Pa kite l wè w.


Let us or  Let's...
Let's an nou, ann, or an'n. (ann or an'n are contractions for "an nou")

Let's walk.
An nou mache. (uncontracted)
Ann mache. (contracted form.  Sometimes you'll see "ann" or "an'n)

Let's go.
Ann ale.

Let's hurry.
An nou fè vit.

Let's talk.
An'n koze.

Let's not tell him about that.
An nou pa di l sa.

Let's not leave that alone.
Ann kite sa.

No comments:

Post a Comment