Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"Se" at the beginning of a sentence.

Se (at the beginning of a sentence) it's, that's

1. Se tout.
    That's all.

2. Se yon manti.
    It's a lie.

3. Se mari mwen.
    That's my husband.

4.  Se kay nou.
     That's our house.

5.  Se pa vre.
     It's not true.

6.  Se Marc ki fè sa.
     It's Marc that did it.

7.  Ou pa bezwen pè, se mwen menm.
     You don't need to be afraid, it's me.

8.  Se grangou mwen grangou.
     It's hungry that I'm hungry.
     I'm hungry.

9.  Se fache mwen fache konsa wi!
     It's angry that I am so angry!
     I am so angry!

10.  Se pè mwen te vle fè ou pè.
       It's afraid I wanted to make you afraid.
       I wanted to scare you.

11.  Se te papa ou.
       That was your dad.

12.  Se te yon manti.
       It was a lie.

13.  Se te pi bèl tan.  Se te pi move tan :)
       It was the best of times.  It was the worst of times :)

14.  Se pa't mwen menm.  (pa't = pa te negative and past)
       It wasn't me.

15.  Se pa't sa mwen te vle.
       That is not what I wanted.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment