Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, February 6, 2012

On Weekends, during the day, and at night

Jou nan semèn nan

during the day → lajounen
in the evening → leswa
in the afternoons → lezapremidi, le apremidi
at night → lannuit, nannuit
on the weekends → lewikenn
on weekdays → lasemenn
on Sundays → ledimanch
in the morning → lematen
Sunday → jou dimanch lan
Saturday → jou samdi a

1. Jou dimanch lan se jou pou m repoze.
    Sunday is my day to rest.

2. What do you do on Tuesdays?
    Kisa ou fè lemadi?

3. What do you do in the morning?
     Kisa w fè lematen?

4. I have a Creole class on Fridays.
   Mwen gen yon klas Kreyòl levandredi.

5. The market is open on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
     Gen mache lemèkredi ak samdi.

6. We take the course on Monday afternoons.
    Nou pran kou a lelendi apremidi.

7. We'll leave on Monday.
    N'ap pati lendi.

8. I'll see you at church on Sunday.
    M'a wè w legliz la dimanch.

9. On Thursday she called me. But I haven't heard from her since.
     Jedi l te rele m.  Men depi lè sa, mwen pa janm tande l ankò.


10. Konbyen jou ki gen nan semèn nan?
    How many days are there in the week?


No comments:

Post a Comment