Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Haitian Creole word "kont"

Kont → story, folktale, fiction


Yo te reyini ansanm e yo t'ap tire kont.
They were gathered together and telling tales.




kont → enough, satisfactory, adequate


Would you like more food?  No thank you, I ate enough.
Eske ou ta renmen plis manje?  Non mèsi, mwen manje kont mwen.




Kont → against, oppposed


They arrested everyone who spoke against the government.
Yo te arete tout moun ki te pale kont gouvènman an.




kont - dispute, argument, friction


There's some friction between them.
Yo gen kont.


That girl's always looking for trouble.
Ti fi sa toujou ap chache kont.


Pou kont → by self, alone


pou kont ou → by yourself
pou kont li → by himself
pou kont nou → by ourselves.


Mwen pito rete pou kont mwen.
I rather stay alone.




Sou kont → in the trust of, on the account of


They entrusted me with everything.
Yo kite tout bagay sou kont mwen.


I left the kids in her care.
Mwen te kite timoun yo sou kont li.


The house is your responsibility in my absence.
Kay la sou kont ou lè m pa la.

No comments:

Post a Comment