Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Saturday, August 26, 2017

Thanks so much for your work to make this website! Mesi anpil! I would like to ask if there are any rules for stress in terms of where the stress falls on individual words or sentences. In other words, if I want to speak more naturally, where should I put the accent when I speak? I haven't listened to much spoken Kreyol yet, so I'm sure I'll learn more as a listen more. Thanks again for you time and work, Lisa

Hi Lisa,
It would be extremely hard to answer this question in just a few lines, as you know each word is different. I would recommend that you find a way to practice what you have learn so far. Though practicing conversations with someone who knows the language well is the best way to achieve fluency, you may start by listening to Haitian radio program, watching Creole TV programs, sitting in in gatherings where Creole is spoken. If you do this, you might find a way to exchange words with peple who speak the langauge. Best of luck :)

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment