Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, November 25, 2013

I need the definition for these following phrases/ terms please: piga, oze, ranfeme, anvi, tet mwen pati, gwo foli, m'ape, jire, lobey, foke, antann, nou sonje tout rime


 Piga (or pinga) – don’t, refrain from, beware, (giving a warning)

Egzanp:

Pinga w pale ak moun sa yo.  Don’t talk to these people

Pinga ou ale la. – Don’t you go there.

Pinga m tande kriye sèlman. – I better not hear any crying

 

Ozeto dare, to take a risk

Egzanp:

Misye renmen fi a men li pa oze pale avè l.He likes the girl, but he’s not courageous enough to speak to her.

 

Ranfèmeto be withdrawn

Egzanp:

Ti fanm tèlman timid, li ranfèmen tankou yon flè

 

Anvi (n.)desire

Anvi (v.)to want, to desire

Egzanp:

M’anvi wè boubout mwen. - I miss my sweetie pie.

 

Tèt mwen patiI’ve lost my mind

gwo folimadness

 

m'ape (same as m’ap or mwen ap)

Egzanp:

M’ap chante  same as M’ape chante (I’m singing)

M’ap wè w nan fèt la pita.  Same as M’ape wè w nan fèt la pita .(I’ll see you at the party later)

 

jireto swear

Egzanp:

Nou jire pou n pa janm fè sa ankò.We swear never to do that again.

 

lobèy - commotion, unrest

Egzanp:

Ki lòbèy ki gen nan kay sa a?!What’s all the fuss in this house?

Ala fanm ka fè lòbèy!This woman can be rowdy!

 

foketo have lost it, to have gone crazy

 

antann (or tonbe dakò) – to agree, to mean to say

Egzanp:

Ann antann nou sou sa. – Let’s agree on this.

 

nou sonje tout rime (rimè?) – We remember all rumors

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment