Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Friday, February 21, 2014

Sa pou w fè m? - Sa pou w fè gode a?

Asking "What do you want of .....",, "What do you want with ..."?

Kisa pou w fè m?
or
Sa pou w fè m?
What do you want of me?
What do you need me for?

A lot of the times when someone calls your name.....
Janjan! (Johnjohn! :)
You answer ...
Plètil! (Yes!)
The person might yell out....
Vin jwenn mwen! (Come to me!)
And you will say...
Sa pou w fè m? (What do you need me for?)
It's a popular way to answer when someone calls on you ....even the Lord :)

Like Moses said unto the Lord :)
Sa pou m fè m Senyè?
What do you want of me Lord?

Your friend asks you for $100.00... you say..
Sa pou w fè lajan an?
What do you need the money for?

Or she asks you to borrow your car... and you say...
Sa pou w fè machin nan?
What do you need the car for?

Or you see your kid carrying a big hammer and heading for your piggy bank.... you say
Sa pou w fè gwo mato sa a?
What you going to do with this big hammer?



Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment