Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Thursday, February 26, 2015

It appears to me that most of the time the adjectives in Creole don't follow the gender of the noun. But sometime it does. Like I see "Mwa pwochen" and I see "Semèn pwochèn". Are there some rules for this or does it only comes from common usage? Also does the gender of the nouns are inherited from French or is there somewhere I can find a dictionary that gives the gender of the nouns?

Principally there's no agreement between the gender of nous and adjectives in Haitian Creole but we do have a very few instances where the French articulation is preserved in the Haitian Creole language and it just seems as if there are some sort of agreement where the adjective would change depending on the gender of the noun.  It is not so in Haitian Creole.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment