Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I m having difficulty finding the correct translations for "I wish to see you". I have tried 'swete' from the dictionary and it doesn't sound right.

In that case you mean "desire" or "feel like"
Example: I feel like eating a cookie. or  I desire to see you.

The Haitian creole translation is: anvi.

1. I desire to see you. - M anvi wè w.

2. I feel like eating chocolate cake. - M anvi manje yon ti gato chokola.

3. What do you feel like eating today? - Kisa w anvi manje jodi a?

4. I wish I could see my child. - M anvi wè pitit mwen.

5. I feel like kissing you. - M anvi anbrase w.

6. Do you feel like throwing up? - Eske ou anvi vomi?

7. Do you have to go pee? - Eske ou anvi al pipi?

Sometimes you'll hear:
8. M anvi wè mari m. - I miss my husband. or I wish I could be with my husband.

9. M anvi wè w. - I miss you.  or  I wish I could see you

10. M anvi wè fanmi m. - I wish I could see my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment