Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wait a few minutes, please (creole)

wait - tann

Wait a few minutes. - Tann yon ti moman.


Wait a few minutes, please. - Tanpri, tann yon ti moman.

Wait for me. - Tann mwen. 
(English speakers tend to translate the word "for" after "wait".  It is not necessary to do that.  To wait for will simply translate to Tann.)  see more examples.

Wait for us. - Tann nou.

Wait for him. - Tann li.

I was waiting for you at bus station.
Mwen tap tann ou nan estasyon bis la.

2 comments:

  1. I know this is an old post but I am living in haiti and ran across your blog. I had someone teach me "pozie" and said it meant wait. (The spelling could be way off) is this true or do you know what this means?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's written as poze. It's more like hold on, wait a minute, or to cool it.
      We also use poze in the expression poze san ou which means to calm down or cool it, or don't be in such a haste.

      Delete