Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Whats the difference between "paske" and "deske"? Also "juske" and "jiskaske"?

Paske → because (on account that)
Example:
Mwen renmen w paske ou renmen m.
I love you because you love me.


Deske because, for, since, in view of, considering that, for (it's a lot like because)
Example:
Mèsi deske ou pa di tout moun erè mwen te fè.
Thank you for not telling everyone about the mistake I made.
Another synonym for 'deske' in haitian Creole is' piske' from the French word 'puisque'. You will also encounter that word in Haitian Creole.


Jiske and jiskaske, jouk, jouska → until
Example:
M mache jiskaske m bouke.
I walked until I was tired.


Ask me anything

No comments:

Post a Comment