Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

convey my greetings or convey my best wishes to.....

Convey my greetings...
Convey my best wishes...
Salye...

Example:
Convey my greetings to your mom.
Salye manman ou pou mwen.

Convey my greetings to the church.
Salye legliz la pou mwen.

Convey my best wishes to the family.
Salye fanmi an pou mwen.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha short and simple....ou fe m ri isit la

    Gwo kout chapo pou ou, Manda
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mèsi anpil zanmi.
    Onè Respè pou ou :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings from Haiti..

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwww even your "errors" can be sooo sweeeeeet lolllll ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I am SO human :)
      When you see an error, please cal it out to my attention and I'll try to rectify it.
      Mèsi zanmi.

      Delete
  6. It's ok... ;) I just wanted to see translation of phrase "greeting from Haiti"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O O! Gwo tèt chaje!!!
      Eskize mwen....

      There are many ways to say it:
      Bèl salitasyon depi Ayiti.
      or
      M ba w yon gwo kout chapo depi Ayiti.
      or
      M'ap salye ou depi Ayiti
      or
      M voye yon bèl salitasyon pou ou depi Ayiti.

      Delete
  7. mesi..that word from confused me...usually does..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it can be confusing especially since most Haitians use the French word "de" to indicate "from" most of the time.

      Delete
  8. Idk, somehow don't like that word "de"...sounds very simple and obvious...and it's not in spirit of kreyol language... or maybe it is...but I am complicated and I need more complicated word than "de" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right.
      Linguists and interpreters are opting to translate "from" with a Creole word instead of a French word. They use depi, sot nan, soti depi, nan men depending on the situations.

      You're not in Haiti, are you?

      Delete
  9. No, I am not...unfortunately

    ReplyDelete