Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

de ryen, padekwa oubyen ou merite?What is the most suitable expression among these as susbtitute for english you're welcome.

"de ryen" and "padekwa" are pretty popular ways of saying You're welcome.
I do not hear "ou merite'l" as often.

"De ryen" comes from the French "de rien"  which generally means "It was nothing".

"Padekwa" comes from the french "Il n'y a pas de quoi" which means "It was no problem at all".

"Ou merite'l"  means "You deserve it" (which may translate to "It was my pleasure")

No comments:

Post a Comment