Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, September 18, 2011

do you have a phrase for "the silent treatment" in Creole?

to give the silent treatment → meprize, pa okipe

pay no attention to → pa okipe

Pa okipe l - Pay no attention to him. or  Ignore him

M p'ap okipe w - I'll pay no attention to you. or I'll ignore you
 

Why do you give me the silent treatment?
Poukisa ou meprize m?
or
Poukisa ou pa okipe m?

She's giving me the silent treatment.
L'ap meprize m.

No comments:

Post a Comment