Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What are the most commonly sung Creole hymns? Can you please post the English&Creole translations?

Although these days a lot of churches have adopted a more contemporary worshiping-style of service; they sing songs by Chris Tomlin, Darlene Zschech, and Brian Doerksen etc..., the majority Haitian Churches in Haiti continues to worship with the traditional hymn book "Chants D'Esperance". This book is a compilation of French and Creole traditional hymns that you used to sing "long, long time ago".

This is a list of the title of some the most popular Creole hymns.
Check with the Chants D'esperance Online to find hundreds of Haitian Creole hymns that have the same Air as the English hymns.

My hope is built on Nothing less
Jezi sèl inik esperans, se li sèl ki bay asirans

Trust and obey
Lè n’ap mache ak Dye nan limyè pawòl li

Oh for a thousand tongues to sing
Mwen vle mil lang pou chante byen louwanj Redanmtè mwen

Jesus keep me near the cross
Jezi kenbe m pre lakwa

When we all get to heaven
An nou chante amou Jezi, chante tandrès ak gras tou

Take my life and let it be
Pran lavi m Senyè Jezi, mwen vle konsakre l ba ou

There is a fountain
Genyen yon sous tou plen ak san

Nothing but the blood
Sak kapab lave peche m, anyen pase san Jezi Kri

All hail the power of Jesus name
Onore pisans non Jezi, tout Anj dwe fas atè

What a friend we have in Jesus
Ala yon zanmi se Jezi

We’re marching to Zion
Kite le monn byen lwen

I’d rather have Jesus
Mwen pito gen Jezi pase tout bagay

How much I owe
Lè Jezi mouri sou kalvè

When the roll is called up yonder
An nou travay pou le Senyè

Father, Lead me day by day
Senyè, kondwi mwen chak jou

Love lifted me
Mwen tap neye nan peche

Hark! The herald angels sing
Koute! Anj yo ap chante

7 comments:

  1. Thanks. This is very helpful. I am a pastor who will be leading a mission trip to Haiti in less than a week, and I intend to lead them in song while I'm there. This is a huge help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I'm glad.

    Also, have you checked the posts with more Christian hymns: http://sweetcoconuts.blogspot.com/search/label/Christian%20Hymns?
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, again! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently went to Haiti and attended a church service were all there sing was acapella. There's one song they sang but I don't know the words. It sounds like they're saying " we went well" but I know those aren't the exact words. It's a slower song. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCV33SO-amCsI0AKFFhwFwNQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can visit:
    haitianworship.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete