Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Mwen byen ak fanmi mwen

Mwen byen ak fanmi mwen.
I am on good terms with my family.


Byen..............

 byen (adverb) → well


examples:

1. I am well, thank you.
    Mwen byen, mèsi.

2. All is well.
    Tout bagay byen.

3. She's doing well.
    Li byen.

4.  We're fine.
     Nou byen.


byen (verb) → to be friends with, to be amicable with, to be on good terms with

1. Mwen byen ak Josie.
   I am friends with Josie.

2. Mwen pa byen ak Ron ankò.
    I'm not friends with Ron anymore.

3. Nou byen.
    We're friends.

4. Mwen byen ak Fito depi lè m te gen senkan.
    I've been friends with Fito since I was five years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment