Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Hello,I have a question. How would you write the word "Beloved" as an endearment? Thank you.

beloved → byenneme (pronounced byen-nay-may), literally well-loved


The Haitian Creole byenneme is from the French bien-aimé (masculine), or bien-aimée (feminine).


This word is also a common proper name in Haiti (First or Last name).
People in church also commonly address each other as byenneme.
You will hear:
Frè byenneme mwen → my beloved brother
Sè byenneme mwen → my beloved sister
or simply
Byenneme → beloved (brother or sister) in Christ.


You will also hear:
Ou se pitit byenneme mwen. → You are my beloved child.
Ou se pitit fi byenneme mwen. → You are my beloved daughter.
Ou se pitit gason byenneme mwen. → You are my beloved son.
Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment