Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Saturday, September 30, 2017

My husband and I will be celebrating our 1st anniversary next month. He (Haitian) and I (from the US) adore each other and have a good relationship, but it's like any other relationship plus communication challenges. What phrases do you think are most important to know for great communication in a marriage?

Congratulation on your first anniversary.... yay!
I pray that you have many more happy years.

Marriage is a wonderful thing. Two is always better than one.
They say that the key to communication is listening. I will add that honest communication (saying what you mean and meaning what you say... ) which appropriately matches the body language is as important.  I am not sure that there are specific Creole words you can use that'll make communication in your marriage better, but speaking from the heart is a great way to start.

Kenbe la!


Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment