Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, June 7, 2020

Hi Mandaly! I have two phrases that I wanted to know the meaning of: "Nan kad lit" and "espas an Plennè"............

Hi Mandaly! I have two phrases that I wanted to know the meaning of: "Nan kad lit" and "espas an Plennè". It is from the title of a news article about Covid-19. "Eske li Nesesè pou Moun Dezenfekte Espas an Plennè yo nan Kad Lit Kont Kowonaviris la?" I assume Espas an Plennè means wide open spaces, but I am not sure about the second one.

Hi,
Yes, anplennè or an plennè means outdoors, or open spaces

Nan kad lit kont - kad (french: cadre) means frame; lit (french: lutte) means fight, struggle; kont (french: contre) means agaisnt. -   It means 'regarding or concerning the fight against .....'

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

2 comments:

  1. You are correct. Nan batay ou byin lit nap minin kont viris-19 eske li bon pou w dezinfekte espas vid yo. Tankou youn terin foutbol se youn espas an plenne.

    ReplyDelete