Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Difference between “pou kont ou”, “tet-ou” and “ou-mem”? I think these all mean "yourself".

Yes. You're right.

POU KONT OU
pou kont ou - by yourself
pou kont mwen - by myself
pou kont li - by himself/ herself.
example:
I'm by myself. - M pou kont mwen.
She's going by herself. - Li prale pou kont li.

TET OU
tèt ou - yourself
tèt li - himself.
example:
He killed himself - Li touye tèt li
I'm talking to myself - map pale ak tèt mwen.


OU MENM
ou menm - you, yourself
li menm - him, her, himself, herself
mwen menm - me, myself
example:
It's me! - Se mwen menm!

No comments:

Post a Comment