Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, August 28, 2011

how to translate 'just" in "You just don't understand"?

Just (merely, simply, nothing but) - jis  or  sèlman

You just don't understand.
Ou jis pa konprann.

I just want to talk to you.
Mwen jis vle pale avè w.

We are just friend.
Nou jis zanmi.


Just (recently, a moment ago, at this moment) - fèk  or fèk sot

We just arrived.
Nou fèk rive.

I just fixed it.
Mwen fèk repare li.

I just saw her.
Mwen fèk sot wè li.


Just (absolutely, perfectly, exactly) - egzakteman

This is just what I was looking for.
Sa se egzakteman sa mwen t'ap chache a.

This house is just like my friend's house.
Kay sa egzakteman tankou kay zanmi mwen an.

You are just like your dad.
Ou egzakteman menm jan ak papa w.

No comments:

Post a Comment