Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

what does soti or sot mean? for example: "soti deyo" what are some common ways to use it?

soti → go out, come out of, come from, exit
sot → (contracted form of soti) it also means just came from

Would you go out with me?
Eske ou ta vle soti avè m?
Eske ou ta vle fè yon ti soti avè m?


He came out of the room.
Li soti nan chanm nan.

I am from (come from) Haiti.
Mwen soti Ayiti.

I came from new York.
Mwen sot New York.

I just came from seeing her.
Mwen sot wè li.

We should get out more often.
Nou ta dwe soti pli souvan.

Let's go out! (for entertainment)
An nou fè yon ti soti non!

I'm out.  Don't wait up for me.
Mwen sòti.  Pa tann mwen.

People who come from Port-de-Paix have a good heart.
Moun ki sot Port-de-Paix gen bon kè.

Get out!
Go outside!
Soti deyò!

Get out of the house!
Soti nan kay la!
Mete w deyò!

Get out of the car!
Soti nan machin nan!

Get out of my head!
Sot nan tèt mwen!

No comments:

Post a Comment