Listen to and Follow The Podcast at SOUVNI ON THE MIKE with Podcast Transcripts available. Advanced Haitian Creole Learners, you have arrived :). Souvni On The Mike stands as a vibrant cultural beacon in the digital soundscape, offering a weekly immersion into the heart of Haitian language and life. This Haitian Creole podcast transforms the airwaves into a dynamic classroom and cultural salon, where education, entertainment, and community connection converge. Follow the podcast.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

what does "GO" mean in creole

I think you're asking what's the translation for the English word "go" in Creole. Is that right?

go → ale, al (note that in some the following examples, "ale" may be contracted and attached to other words)

Go ahead!
Ale non!

Let's go!
An nou ale!

Go get me a chair.
Al pran yon chèz pou mwen.

Go ask your mom.
Al mande manman w.

I will go with you.
Mwen pral avèk ou.
(Contraction for: Mwen pral ale avèk ou.)

I went to see her.
Mwen t'al wè li.
(Contraction for: Mwen te ale wè li)

I am going (as in: I'm leaving)
M'ale!
(contraction for:  Mwen ale.)

He left.
L'ale.
(contraction for: Li ale)

They left already.
Y'ale deja.
(contraction for: Yo ale.)

Don't go.
Pa ale.

No comments:

Post a Comment