Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Can you use the Creole "pwochèn" to call out "Next in line!"?

Haitians say:
Suivan!, lesuivan!, or ki moun ki apre!

NEXT and NEXT TO

2 comments:

  1. I volunteer at a medical clinic in Haiti and I've heard a non-Creole speaking American shout 'Yon lot moun!' when they are ready to triage the next person. Is that a real phrase Haitians use? Is it rude or inappropriate? Would 'Suivan!' better?

    Mesi Zamni mwen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually yes, it can be used as it is.
      People would understand this as another person, next person, or somebody else

      It's not rude or inappropriate.
      I cannot say that one is better than the other. They are just different terms that people use to call the next person in line.

      Delete