Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

what does fle sezon mean?

Flè sezon → (literally) seasonal flower

But the expression is about "seasonal friends".
Someone is said to be a "flè sezon" if, even though you are good friends, they'd talk to you seasonally.  They might say a big hello to you today, stop talking to you for a whole month or so, and then out the blue reenter your life again.

2 comments:

  1. I from seychelles and a creole too. Funny how people from the other side of the world undestand each other :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed. I think it's a great thing.
    I have listened to Creole televised news in Seychelles. I was really surprised that I understood much of it.

    Mèsi anpil pou kòmantè ou.
    Pase bòn jounen :)

    ReplyDelete