Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Friday, January 27, 2012

how do you say little in haitian creole?

small / little ti (goes before the noun), piti

1. 
a small car
yon ti machin

2.
a small orange
yon ti zoranj

3.
They have a small house.
Yo gen yon ti kay.

4.
She chose the little car.
Li chwazi ti machin nan.

5.
Don't worry. It's just a little rain.
Pa ennkyete w. Se sèlman yon ti lapli.

6.
A little love is all I need.
Yon ti lanmou, se tout sa m bezwen.



Small → Piti

7.
That car is small.
Machin sa piti.

8.
That orange is small.
Zoranj sa piti.

9.
What I have is little.
Sa mwen genyen an piti.

10.
That room is too small.
Chanm sa twò piti.

11.
All my kids were small at birth.
Tout timoun mwen yo te piti lè yo te fèt.


A small piece yon ti kal, yon ti kras, yon ti moso, yon ti kraze

12.
Let me have a small piece of bread.
Ban'm yon ti kal pen.

13.
He only gave me a small piece.
Li te sèlman ban mwen yon ti moso.


a few → enpe
a small amount → enpe, yon ti kraze, yon ti ke

14.
Only a few people showed up last night.
Sèlman enpe moun ki te vin yèswa.

15
I need a few plates for the table.
Mwen bezwen enpe asyèt pou tab la.

16.
I gave her a little bit of money.
Mwen te ba li enpe lajan.

17.
Give me some water, please.
Ban m enpe dlo tanpri.

No comments:

Post a Comment