Listen to and Follow The Podcast at SOUVNI ON THE MIKE with Podcast Transcripts available. Advanced Haitian Creole Learners, you have arrived :). Souvni On The Mike stands as a vibrant cultural beacon in the digital soundscape, offering a weekly immersion into the heart of Haitian language and life. This Haitian Creole podcast transforms the airwaves into a dynamic classroom and cultural salon, where education, entertainment, and community connection converge. Follow the podcast.
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
"I am overwhelmed with joy."
I am overwhelmed with joy.
M'ap debòde ak lajwa.
My heart is overwhelmed with joy.
Kè mwen debòde ak lajwa.
and also:
Kè mwen ap debòde ak lajwa.
Literally this means: My heart is inundated or overflowing with joy.
But isn't "debòde" the intransitive verb "to overflow"? I'm looking for a transitive verb like "to overwhelm", where A "overwhelms" B. Hopefully something other than "anvahi".
But isn't "debòde" the intransitive verb "to overflow"? I'm looking for a transitive verb like "to overwhelm", where A "overwhelms" B. Hopefully something other than "anvahi".
ReplyDeleteAh wi!
ReplyDeleteIn that case, you could use the following transitive verbs:
ranpli - to fill
plen - to fill
inonde - to inundate
chaje - to load
Mwen ranpli ak lajwa
Mwen plen ak lajwa
Mwen inonde ak lajwa
Mwen chaje ak lajwa
and one more...
Lajwa inonde mwen.