Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, August 27, 2012

Madame, mwen sonje ou te pale de bel Haitian kont. Ki moun ki rakonte ou tout Haitian kont yo ou te tande? Manman ou onswa papa ou?

Pifò nan kont ak devinèt mwen konnen, se te yon bòn ki t'ap okipe mwen menm ak sè'm yo, ki te rakonte'm yo.  Li te plis pase yon bòn.  Li te soti nan zòn Nò.  Li te genyen yon bèl aksan kapwa.

Madanm sa a pa't manje anyen frèt.  Li te kapab manje nenpòt gwo bout piman pike san pwoblèm.  Li te gen vyann sou li.  Lè l'ap mache, tè a te tranble.  Kote'l pase, gason pa kanpe :)  Se te gwo koze!

Lè l'ap tire kont, li te konn chante byen bèl.  M poko janm rankontre yon moun ki kab tire kont kon li.  Mwen p'ap janm bliye'l.
Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand the post above!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The question asked:
      "Mrs., I remember you spoke of beautiful Haitian tales. Who told you all these Haitian tales that you've heard of? Your mom or your dad?"

      Answer is, (literally):
      Most of the tales of riddles that I know, it was a servant that was taking care of me and my sisters, that told them to me. She was more than a servant. She came from the North region. She had a Capoise accent (northern accent).
      This woman was tough. She could chew on any big piece of hot pepper with no problem. She had meat on her (She was curvy). When she walk, the ground shook. Wherever she went, men took a liking to her. It was a big deal!
      When she told tales, she sang beautifully. I have never met anyone who can tell tales like her. I'll never forget her.
      (That's a very literal translation)

      Delete