Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

I have seen several Haitian men who have very long pinkie finger fingernails and was wondering if this has any significance or meaning in Haiti? I asked one of them and he was very vague in his answer.

Yeah, most of the Haitian men in my family (on my dad side especially) do wear their fingernail pinky up to half of a cm long :)  .. and my husband too.  I think it's an image choice.  Some people will tell you that it's a great tool for scratching their nares and ear canals, lol!  But they do take great care of keeping it healthy, long and strong.  Also, it is not uncommon for Haitians men to wear clear nail polish on their nails (their toes especially).

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment