Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hello Mandaly! Thank you for ALL your responses to my many questions! I really really appreciate your help! Here's another... It seems that a final "t" is pronounced differently in Creole than it would be in English. For example, when you say "hot" in English, the "t" sound is made by a little air passing between your teeth. (At least that's my amateur's way of putting it.) But when I hear words like malet, let, ponyet, tet, etc, I think the "t" sound is actually stopped by the tongue touching the back of the top teeth. Does this sound correct to you? And if so, is it true of all Creole words ending in "t?"

No comments:

Post a Comment