Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Can you make the Haitian Hot Chocolate with cocoa powder instead of a cocoa ball/stick? Or, do you know where you can buy the cocoa ball/stick in the USA?

You might be able to find the chokola Aysiyen in some Haitian grocery stores in areas where there's a Haitian community.
I guess you can use the cocoa powder, add water and cinnamon sticks - I'm not sure if it'll taste the same.
The chokola Ayisyen is more dense.  You basically make it from scratch.

Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment