Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Thursday, July 3, 2014

How do you say promote? and How do you say "expect" in creole and what does temwen mean?

1.Promotepwomote, bay jarèt, jarete, bay piston, or pistonnen
          egzanp: Lè misye te nan lekòl medsin tout moun nan katye a te ba l bon jarèt paske yo te konnen li ta pral itil yo yon jou.

2. Temwen – witness

       a. Mwen se yon temwen – I am a witness.

       b. Ou dwe sèvi m temwen.
          You must serve as a witness to me.
          Be my witness

      c. Se pou Bondye sèvi n temwen … – May God be a witness …

      d. Yo te mande m sèvi kòm temwen … - They asked me to be a witness to …..


3. Expect – atann (pronominal verb)

    e. Mwen te atann mwen a sa. – I was expecting this.

    f. Mwen pa’t atann mwen a sa. – I was not expecting this.

    g. Nou pa’t atann nou a sa  ditou. – We were not expecting that at all.

   h. Nou tout te chita ansanm enpi li parèt sou nou sanzatann (san-z-atann).
       We were all sitting together and she showed up unexpectedly.



Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment