Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Friday, September 9, 2011

"I hurt myself working"

The word "Hurt " can be translated different ways depending on what you want to say.

Hurt (with visible blood) →
blese
Example:
I cut my finger.
Mwen blese dwèt mwen.

I hurt my toe.
Mwen blese zòtèy mwen.


Hurt (with no visible blood) → frape, domaje
Example:
I hurt my head when I fell.
Mwen frape tèt mwen lè m te tonbe.

I hurt my neck.
Mwen frape kou mwen.

You're going to hurt your back.
W'ap domaje do ou.

So depending on what you want to say, you will translate as:
I hurt myself working.
Mwen blese pandan mwen tap travay. or
Mwen frape pandan mwen tap travay.



Other ways to translate the word "hurt".

"Hurt" can also be translated as "fè mal".

What's hurting you?
Kisa kap fè ou mal?


My teeth hurt.
Dan mwen ap fè mwen mal.


My back hurts.
Do mwen ap fè mwen mal.


My knees hurt.
Jenou mwen ap fè mwen mal.


Her head hurts. (She has a headache)
Tèt li ap fè li mal.


My stomach hurts. (I have stomach pain)
Vant mwen ap fè mwen mal.


Does your chest hurt? (Do you have chest pain?)
Eske pwatrin ou ap fè ou mal?


My chest hurts.
Pwatrin mwen ap fè mwen mal.     or more directly
Kè m ap fè mwen mal.

No comments:

Post a Comment