Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Thursday, December 29, 2011

I'm confused about 'from.' How do you say 'I'm from the US' and 'This is from me to you?' Mesi anpil!

I am from the US.
Mwen soti Etazini (I come from the US)
or
Mwen se moun* Etazini (I am a native of the USA)

The word "moun*" above specifically translates "being a native of".

I am a native of New York.
Mwen soti New York. (I come from New York)
Mwen se moun New York. (I'm a native of New york)

She's a native of the town of Omaha.
Li se moun vil Omaha.

She's from Haiti.
Li soti Ayiti.
or
Li se moun Ayiti.

Where do you come from?
Where did you originate from?
or
Where did you just come from?
Ki kote ou soti?

We come from Jamaica.
Nou soti Jamayik.
or
Nou se moun Jamayik.


Also.

I came from the store, and I saw your friend .
Mwen soti nan magazen an, e mwen te wè zanmi w la.

We just came from the church.
Nou fèk soti legliz la.

I just came from her house.  I saw her crying.
Mwen fèk soti lakay li.  Mwen te wè l'ap kriye

You may also want to check the prepositions nan, to, ...
prepositions in, at, and from
Ask me anything

2 comments: