Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Is this a good translation for the song "Give Thanks"? I couldn't find it online so I made it myself, and my Creole is not very good. Thank you!


"Bay gras avek kè kontan
Bay gras a Papa Bondye
Bay gras paske Li te bay Jezikri, piti Li
Bay gras avek kè kontan
Bay gras a Papa Bondye
Bay gras paske Li te bay Jezikri, piti Li
Epi se pou fèb la di “mwen fò”
Se pou pòv la di “Mwen rich”
Poutèt bagay Seyè te fè pou nou
Epi se pou fèb la di “mwen fò”
Se pou pòv la di “Mwen rich”
Poutèt bagay Seyè te fè pou nou ..."


I find it to be an great translation.
The only thing I would change is line 9 and 12.

I would translate it as: Pou bagay Seyè a fè pou nou.
So it would be POU instead of POUTÈT

Dakò :)



Haitian Creole ↔ English Reference, Look up Haitian Creole and English Words

No comments:

Post a Comment