Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Exercise 42 - Answers to exercise 41

Bonjou tout moun!
How are you doing so far with learning this new language?
Is it difficult, confusing, or just plain impossible?
Is it fun?
Do you get to practice speaking it?
Are you learning it in school, from friends, from a private tutor, or just on your own?

Whichever way you're doing it, I'm encouraging you to keep at it.
I remember when I first traveled to the USA. I was shoved into high school (the 11th grade) not understanding a single spoken word of English. I was going to High School in the morning and English School at night. It was not fun but by the end of that school year I was speaking English... not so perfectly but people could understand me and I could understand them.

So, kontinye konsa! keep at it!
__________________________
Here are the answers to exercise 41.
MATCH THE ABOVE ANSWERS WITH THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS.

1. Kote pwason yo rete? (where do fish live?)F. Nan lanmè a (In the ocean)

2. Ki kote valiz ou a ye? (Where is your bag?)D. Li nan machi-n nan (It's in the car)

3. Konbyen pitit ou genyen? (How many kids do you have?)G. M gen kat (I have four)

4. Ki koulè machin ou an? (What's the color of your car?)K. Li wouj (It's red)

5. Ki jan ti gason ou a rele? (What is your boy's name?)E. Phillip

6. Ki jou wap pati? (What day are you leaving?)A. Vandredi maten (Friday morning)

7. Ki mizik ou renmen? (What music do you like?)I. M renmen Reggae. (I love Reggae)

8. Ki jan de manje ou renmen? (What kind of food do you like?)J. M renmen vejetab (I love vegetables)

9. Ki jan de travay ou fè? (What kind of work do you do?)C. Mwen se yon ekriven (I am a writer)

10. Konbyen kay sa koute? (How much does this house cost?) B. $80,000.00

No comments:

Post a Comment