Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Verb 'To Want'

To download this audio, click here: http://limanecasimi.audioacrobat.com/download/f9e11933-9ee7-78c5-e1ef-b36026ced935.mp3

Otherwise, to listen to this audio,
Click the play button and follow along :).  Thanks.



Bonswa mezanmi!
Good evening friends!

Please remember that 'M' is a contraction for 'mwen' which means 'I' or 'me'.
You may substitute 'm' for 'mwen' if you wish.

Want (v.) - Vle

1.  M vle yon machin.
    I want a car.

2.  M vle yon pizza.
    I want a pizza.
   or, if you like tacos, you may say 'taco':)

3.  M vle pale.
    I want to talk.

4.  M vle ale.
    I want to go.

5.  Kisa ou vle jodi a?
    What do you want today?

6.  Eske ou vle ale avè m?
    Do you want to go with me?

7.  Eske ou vle danse?
    Do you want to dance?

8.  M vle di ou mèsi
    I want to say thank you

9.  M vle konnen la verite.
    I want to know the truth.

10.  M pa vle anyen.
      I don’t want anything.

11.  Kisa nou vle nan lavi a?
      What do we want in life?

12.  Nou vle libète, respè ak lanmou
      We want freedom, respect and love

Se tout, mèsi e orevwa!
That's all, thank you and goodbye!

Track: Nou vle, Nou vle by Ansy Dérose

No comments:

Post a Comment