Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Exercise 4

Do not do exercise 4 unless you did exercise 3.

Let's translate the sentences from Exercise 3 ...

1. I went to a party yesterday. The music was too loud. The food was bad. And there was no dancing. I had an awful time.

Translation: Mwen te ale nan yon fèt yè. Mizik la te twò fò. Manje a pa te bon. E pa te gen danse. Mwen te pase yon move tan.


2. I read a book last month. It wasn't too bad. It was a good story.
Translation: Mwen te li yon liv mwa dènye. Li pa te mal. Se te yon bon istwa.

Tell me, tell me - I hope you did well here. (you get extra points for using contractions!)
___________________________________________________

More practice exercises for you. - Translate the following sentences. The answer will be placed in the next blog.

1. I passed the exam.

2. Do not jump on this bed.

3. Are you going to eat these grapefruits?

4. Did you see my bag?

5. My country is in distress.

6. That kid is going to fall off the table.

7. The concert will play tonight.

8. The room is too small. I don't like it.

9. Let's go people! Get ready!

10. This car drives too fast. Please slow down.

(we'll also be working with the verb to go next blog. Thanks)

No comments:

Post a Comment