Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I've seen the soursop fruit in Haiti. Where can I find it in the US? How do you make a soursoup fruit smoothie, and what do you call it?

Soursop - corosòl
smoothie - ji blende
soursop smoothie - ji corosòl
Find it in Supermarket freezer section of ethnic food under the spanish name Guanabana.
If you have a whole soursop fruit, you'll need to peel it, take out all the seeds and put the pulp in a blender. Add sugar, carnation milk, vanilla or almond extract, and some ice. Blend it.

1 comment:

  1. mmm!!! Soursop is delicious! Great write up.
    I will give you a site where I got real fruit on powder form, I mix it with milk and ice cream to go healthy. they have mango, soursop, apple, pineapple, etc. A lot of fruits and veggies. Enjoy guys! http://www.FreshlyDried.com

    ReplyDelete