Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm so sorry about your country's devastation. Did you lose a family home down there?

Thank God, no. My two brothers were in Carrefour in the middle of everything. They escaped just in time. They have since moved to the outskirts of Haiti - a little bit more South. I went to Haiti last March. I was devastated to see the neighborhood I grew up in. Most of it is totally gone. It's like a part of me is gone forever. The second floor of my home, that was a new addition, was gone. But the first floor which was "strongly" built about 30 years ago remains in good shape with just a few cracks in the walls and ceiling. I am thankful for that.

Ask me anything

No comments:

Post a Comment