Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

When I ask a group of people to 'be quiet', I don't want to say 'shut up'. What is a more polite way to ask people to 'keep it down'.

more polite
Keep it down please. - Fè yon ti silans silvouplè.
Be quiet. - Fè silans

less polite
shut your mouth - pe bouch ou, fèmen bouch ou
shut it - pe la


(The following two are downright vulgar.)
shut up -
pe dyòl ou
shut up - pe bèk ou
Shut up - fèmen dan'w
Shut up! - Pe dan'w la!

No comments:

Post a Comment