Bonjou! Learn to Speak Haitian Creole

Bonjou! ...Mèsi! ...E Orevwa! Search for English or Haitian Creole words translation. Also search the whole site for expressions, idioms and grammar rules. And ask questions about the language in the ASK QUESTIONS HERE section.

Most requested translations added here for your convenience: I love you → Mwen renmen w. I miss you → Mwen sonje w. My love!Lanmou mwen!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Hi, I would like to ask you about sauce manba, Ienjoy the west African sauce d'arachide and sauce feuille.is the haitian version popular, I really don't hear as much about itas much as some other Haitian dishes. Mèsi ampil

The sauce manba is not as popular in Haiti. Haitians would prefer to use the nuts whole. And they use cashews instead of peanuts in their sauce.  Cashews with chicken in sauce is most popular in the north of Haiti.
I must tell you that I've never had the sauce manba. Now I can't wait to try it.

The sauce feuille in Haiti is known as legim zepina (spinach legumes). Instead of the manioc leaves, Haitians will most popularly use spinach leaves.
My neighbor, Nancy, from Monrovia, Liberia makes a mean sauce feuille with manioc leaves. Boy! the hot pepper she uses in this sauce is strong enough to wake up the dead ☺! But it's delicious! especially with white rice and root vegetables.
Now I grow my own manioc leaves in my backyard.
Isn't it awesome how easy it is to plant this manioc?!

No comments:

Post a Comment